It’s Thanksgiving week! Which means that I am busy preparing to host Thanksgiving dinner at our house and making sure that I will have enough time to sit and watch the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade. Listen, I don’t play when it comes to the Parade, if you interrupt my watching, I will shoot lasers out of my eyes. Yes, I’m a joy to be around during that time, why do you ask? I don’t want to miss a single float, balloon, or musical number from Broadway (fingers crossed Matilda will be featured this year!). Not. A. Single. One.
Now I know this may be hard for you to believe given my obsessive tendencies over the Parade, but I truly want the day to be focused on God’s goodness and faithfulness in my life. Of course every day should be focused on that, but there is something special about setting aside a day to commemorate His blessings.
However, it’s hard to count all of His blessings in just one day so I’m planning on taking the next two days and dedicating my posts to things that I am grateful for. Today will count as post one.
1. My salvation. Without Christ and his salvation, I am nothing.
2. My family. Y’all, I’m so blessed to be a part of my crazy wonderful family. I love each and every one of them to bits and then some!
3. My little people. Yes, they are technically under the family category, but these people are such a blessing that they need their own number on the list. I am truly blessed beyond all that I could have imagined with these kids. It’s an honor to be their aunt.
4. My job. I am so thankful that I have a place to work. It’s even better that I get to work with my family.
5. The place I call home. I love where I live, and the fact that I get to experience four seasons.
6. My friends. I have been blessed with a fun, unique group of friends to do life with.
7. God’s Word. “The law of the Lord is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the Lord are trustworthy, making wise the simple”-Psalm 19:7
8. My church family. I love the people in my church family. It’s a blessing to know them.
9. My dog. She’s the best animal companion a gal could ask for!
10. Music. How thankful I am for this most beautiful way to express our hearts.
That’s it for today. Join me tomorrow for 10 more!